The Nickerson Service Award is presented by the Inter-Society Color Council to honor long term contributions towards the advancement of the Council and its aims and purposes. The contribution may be in the form of organizational, clerical, technical, or other services that benefit the Council and its members. The candidates must be members of the Council and must have been active in the affairs of the Council.
Nominations should include the following information:
- The name and full address of the nominee.
- A sentence or two giving the specific reason for the award's bestowal. This will normally form the basis for the citation presented to the successful nominee.
- A narrative (up to one-page) of the nominee's contribution and its significance.
- A curriculum vitae and a publication list for the nominee, as well as any other material deemed useful.
- The name of the person or Member Body or Award Committee who prepared the nomination with appropriate contact information.
Note: Confidentiality of the nomination is of the utmost importance. The nominating individual/group must ensure that the nomination is not disclosed to the proposed nominee. If any of the above information cannot be obtained without risking disclosure, then the information should be omitted from the nominating letter.
Nominations should be sent to the Chair of the Nickerson Service Award Committee:
Ann Laidlaw (ALaidlaw@XRite.com)
1108-A Grecade Street
Greensboro NC 27408 USA
t +1 616 803 2678
The deadline for receipt of nominations is May 1, 2012.
Note: Nominations received after May 1, 2012 will be retained for 2013. Nominations for the Nickerson Service Award may be considered to be “open” for submissions at any time. Future Nickerson Service Award committees will review nominations on hand for a given award period.
Other awards pages: